CBDALN Debate Series #1: Thinking Beyond Data …
On April 7, 15:00 (CEST/UTC+2) our CBDALN debate series starts. The series offers an opportunity to discuss specific data literacy topics and to get in touch with the network and its members. The first input will be provided by our member Karsten Lübke, who will talk about “Thinking Beyond Data – Confounding and Bias as Topics for Data Literacy Education“.
Karsten Lübke is professor of statistics and data literacy education researcher at FOM University of Applied Sciences in Dortmund, Germany.
His 10 minute input will be followed by 20 minutes of questions and discussion. The online event is open to the public, so you are very welcome to invite your colleagues!
The event will take place via Zoom.
The time schedule for the series looks as following:
- Thursday, April 7, 2022, 15:00 UTC+2 – Karsten Lübke
- Thursday, May 12, 2022, 15:00 UTC+2 – Ina Sander
- Thursday, June 9, 2022, 15:00 UTC+2 – Pekka Mertala: data (il)literacy
- Thursday, September 8, 2022, 15:00 UTC+2 – Valentin Dander
- Thursday, October 13, 2022, 15:00 UTC+2 – Harald Gapski
- Thursday, November 10, 2022, 15:00 UTC+1 – Christian Leineweber
- Thursday, December 8, 2022, 15:00 UTC+1 – Stephan Packard
If you would like to be kept updated about the topics of the next speakers in our debate series, you can register your interest via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on twitter: @bigdataliteracy.